Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Celebrity" challenge to Nadine Dorries


Yet another "celebrity" has jumped on the "let's kick out the MPs" bandwaggon. David Van Day, late of I'm a Celebrity get me out of here (which may be what he would be saying if elected!) is apparently to challenge Mid Beds MP Nadine Dorries - I would put a link to her website but it has been shut down by the Telegraph. Interestingly Mr Van Day has been a Tory candidate before.


So it looks like the good people of Bedfordshire are to have the option of sending both Esther Rantzen and David Van Day to Westminster to represent us. There is a danger of the Palace of Westminster truly turning into the Palace of Varieties - perhaps they will end up hosting the Royal Variety Performance - no need to go anywhere else!

1 comment:

James Graham (Quaequam Blog!) said...

There is an agenda out there to make me feel sympathy for Nadine Dorries, isn't there?

There are very few people I would rather have as my MP than Nadine Dorries. David Van Day is one of them.