Wednesday, February 22, 2006

10 Short Days.............................

In ten short, or maybe long, days.................we will be at Spring Conference - celebrating, or commiserating depending on who wins the leadership race. The fact that some people are voting for "whatsisname - the new one" is deeply worrying. I know I am hardly a Chris Huhne fan, but surely even he would prefer people voted for him because of what he stood for rather than because he was unknown? Or maybe I'm just naive, we all wallow in a vain hope that somehow, however how untried and tested the product is, it has to be better than what we've got...........maybe that is what Chris is banking on. However, I don't think he will win, despite the desparate efforts of his friends in the city and media.

Anyway, as I sit here listening to the Gypsy Kings and pondering my strategy should Mr "I'm not sure if I'm a millionaire" Huhne does end up as our leader.......I am comforted by the thought that regardless of the polls we electorate are a fickle lot, especially in the Lib Dems!

No comments: