Sunday, April 01, 2007

Young Scot Awards, and Men in Kilts.........

Oh dear me blog has bitten back, can't change size or colour or insert links anymore.........what did I do to deserve this?




Anyway, I had waited until today to write about my trip to Glasgow last week for the Young Scot Awards, since I figured I would be able to put a link to the Sunday Mail (who were sponsoring) sure enough the Sunday Mail is full of articles, though no pix on line. There is a great article by Elaine C Smith who compared here: http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/opinion/columnists/elainecsmith/




It was an awe inspiring evening, captured by Elaine far more eloquently than I could manage. I did get one pic though of the amazingly talented Raj Joshi - chair of the Scottish Youth Parliament and an inspiration for all young people if ever I met one. He deservedly won the Democracy and Citizenship award.




The event was attended by over 500 people, including first minister Jack McConnell. What a pity we don't have something similar UK wide to recognise the huge contribution so many of our young people make.




So yet again huge congratulations to everyone at Young Scot, the young people of Scotland owe you an incalcuable debt.


Oh.........and as for the kilts, I have to say I was well impressed with the number of kilts on display, particularly loved the combination with the "Culloden" shirt...........hmmmm, should have got my camera out earlier!


No comments: