Sunday, September 21, 2008

Congress Must Demand Bush and Cheney Resign

I subscribe to the Democrats' activist email and today received the following -

George Bush wants taxpayers to pay $700 billion to bail out Wall Street for its reckless investments in mortgage-backed securities. That's on top of $800 billion for other recent bailouts, including A.I.G., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Bear Stearns.

The current financial disaster is the direct result of the Bush-Cheney Administration's 8-year policy of deregulation, corruption, and greed.
The Bush-Cheney Administration cannot be trusted to solve the massive problems they created. Before Congress gives the Bush Administration one dime of taxpayer money for financial bailouts, Congress must demand the immediate resignation of George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Henry Paulson and the appointment of Speaker Nancy Pelosi as President until our next President is sworn in on January 20, 2009.


Now wouldn't that be a grand idea?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were American citizen I'd be camping out on my Senator's doorstep in support of this demand.

As a British subject I can see only too well how devastating the Bush-Cheney cabal's activities has contributed to the downfall of the UK. I'm voting for any party that wants nothing to do with them.