Friday, November 09, 2007

Chris Huhne does the right thing

I do seem to have problems being allowed to leave comments (HELP!) so I was unable to leave a comment on Clarence Wilcock where Jo had suggested that supporters must be able to express their views independent of the candidate and that the candidate was not responsible for what they said, but that is not the point. The point is that by publishing such opinion on an official website that implicitly gives support to that view (as demonstrated over the past few days).

So, credit where it is due, I am pleased to see that Chris Huhne has acted swiftly and trust learnt the lesson. It is in all our interests to have a robust hard fight in this campaign, but without resorting to the kind of lies peddled in Chris Clarke's endorsement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if I support you as a blogger and you publish my comment on your website you are endorsing everything I say?

Interesting point of view, especially with the ease of internet publishing Linda...but then I am a Liberal so I will let you have it...

Anonymous said...

P.S. I actually geniunely do like your blog by the way! Great work keep it up! :@()

Linda Jack said...

Thanks Jo! Actually, I am not standing for election, if I was I probably would turn the moderator on............maybe not.........I took the decision to turn it off because I didn't want to turn into an arbitary censor. But if someone wanted to back me and to do so said something untrue about my opponent I would not want to publish it.