Monday, February 12, 2007

Polar Bear Mayor


I was amused to read in our local rag Beds on Sunday yesterday that they had picked up on my comment about Mayor Frank Branston being like a polar bear, an endangered species, likely to be extinct after May 3rd! It is particularly amusing since Frank used to be the owner of said rag - which continues to be his loyal supporter.

Anyway, anyone out there who wants to help us elect the next Lib Dem mayor, do come to sunny Bedford when you have time and give us a hand. Having finished second last time we have a real opportunity to win this time!
By the way, the reference to bears comes from my promise to him to have my revenge after he described me as "Cuddly Councillor Jack" in BOS following an interview on ITN News at Autumn conference a couple of years ago!


No comments: