Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jack Dromey.....Government Stooge?


Jack Dromey, husband of Harriet, treasurer (I know nothing) of the Labour Party, Deputy General Secretary of Unite..........champion of the masses, scourge of Gordon Brown...........er.....don't think so!


I was interested to hear this evening that he is being touted as a potential chair of the planned Government's Agency Worker's Commission. Hmmmmm the body opposed by the Trade Union movement for the very simple reason, why do you need a commission into something that is blatantly wrong? It's a bit like having a commission to decide whether we should approve child labour, or slavery. The implication being that it might be alright to discriminate in the workplace. And, one wonders, how much will this Commission cost to tell us what the government want us to hear?


I trust this rumour is just that, a rumour, but, I'm not holding my breath!

No comments: